top cornertop corner
Linden Education Centre
line

Design Technology

student using tools

The Linden Centre celebrates creativity and offers a variety of options for best expressing this.

KS3:

A mixture of Art, Product Design, Technology, Textiles and Graphics are offered on a rotational basis. The National Curriculum is followed and the topics are designed so that pupils have the maximum opportunity to explore their own preferences.

KS4:

AQA GCSE Design and Technology: All students follow this as part of their curriculum. Depending on ability, they are entered for either the Full Course or the Short Course. The subject is Graphic Products and students explore the process of designing, creating and completing their own pop-up book. Whether it is Short or Full, the coursework represents 60% of the final grade with the other 40% being obtained through either a 1 hour or 2 hour exam.

AQA GCSE Art and Design - Photography: Students can select this as an option. Through the 2 years, they explore a number of topics including "The Self", "Colour", "The Truth" and "The alphabet". Various methods of photography are used, and technology (including photoshop) are included in the development of ideas. The portfolio of work represents 60% of the final grade, with the final 40% being realised through controlled assessment.

BTEC Level 2 Floristry: As part of a vocational programme, students can choose Floristry. It is predominantly a practical course, covering "Floral Arrangements", "Wedding Floristry", "Funeral Arrangements". Upon successful completion, a student could progress to Level 3 Floristry at college.

CEOP Report AbuseAnti Bullying AllianceHampshire County CouncilChildline
bottom cornerbottom corner